Extreme service continuity
Multi-Switch improves electrical supply continuity. The principle of operation guarantees a higher reliability level than that achieved using a single UPS (on-line with automatic bypass) or several UPS in parallel.
PRINCIPLE OF OPERATION
The Multi-Switch provides electrical distribution and remote management for up to eight network users, powered from either one or two direct mains supplies or UPS or a combination of both.
Multi-Switch can connect each user (up to eight, each with a maximum power demand not greater than 3A), to either of the two power sources (A and B). Load demand is shown on the LCD. See “principle of operation” diagram.
PROTECTION AGAINST POWER SUPPLY FAILURES
If one of the two power sources fails or falls outside specification, Multi-Switch will transfer the connected loads to the second power source (switching is instantaneous even if the two sources are in phase).
PROTECTION AGAINST FAULTS WITH THE LOAD
If a fault occurs with one of the loads (for example due to a short-circuit or overload), Multi-Switch will disconnect the load to prevent disruption to the others.
Multi-Switch protects sensitive installations from both power and hardware faults.
• Full protection against mains failures and load faults
• Flexible power sources: Multi-Switch can be powered from 2 different sources (2 mains supplies, 2 UPS or a combination of both.
Note that the UPS can be of a different size)
• Designed for installation in a 19″ rack-mount cabinet
• LCD to provide measurements/alarms/states information
• Remote monitoring serial interface
• No signal connection is required between Multi-Switch and the power sources or supplied hardware
• Configuration software provided as standard.
MULTI- SWITCH ATS
Multi Switch ATS provides installations with power supply continuity. Its operating principle ensures higher reliability than a single UPS , (with or without its own internal bypass).
Multi Switch ATS provides direct distribution of eight 10 A IEC consumers or one 16 A IEC consumer in a system with two input power lines (two mains inputs, or two UPS ).
Multi Switch ATS is able to connect to either of the two input power lines, whilst simultaneously monitoring the power uptake.
Protection against load faults
If one of the loads fails (e.g. short circuit), Multi Switch ATS disconnects the group of sockets where the load is connected, thus preventing other loads from being switched off (i.e. in the event of poor selectivity of the protection devices).
Protection against power supply faults
If one of the two power sources falls outside tolerance levels, Multi Switch ATS will transfer the consumers to the second power source (switching is instantaneous if the two sources are in phase).
- Full protection for consumers against mains and load failures
- Versatile to use: Multi Switch ATS can be powered with 2 different power supplies (2 UPS even of different sizes/types)
- 19” cabinet installation
- Display panel
- Can be connected to PowerNetGuard supervision software
- No signal connection between the Multi Switch ATS and the power sources or consumers is necessary
- Compatible with PowerShield³ software
- Slot for communications boards.